Mexican Style Roasted Corn (5 Ingredients)
Yo, yo, yo. I love Trader Joe.... Do you like my rhyming skills?
ANYWAY, its been a pretty amazing month of recipe development. I am simultaneously working on recipes for an upcoming e-book about fuel for runners AND recipes for my BYKlyn Sugar Detox.
Of course, recipes that are simple, healthy and quick are the best. We alllll love a beautiful, gourmet pic... until we go to the grocery store to buy 893 weird ingredients are 9 different stores and take 1.5 hours to cook the dang thing.
Give me five ingredients or give me... SEAMLESS!!
Let's be honest. I never Seamless...but I doooo love me some frozen meals from Trader Joe's... including the Mexican Style Roasted Corn. That ish is DELISH even though the ingredient list is mightyyyy long.
So I #reciperedox'd that ish and made a healthy version with five simple ingredients. And its SUPER delicious.
Mexican Style Elote with Cotija Cheese
1/2 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Southwest Seasoning*
1 can organic corn, drained
2 tablespoons cotija or goat cheese
1. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Spray with avocado oil.
2. Cook the onions and garlic until translucent for approximately 3 minutes.
3. Add the corn and increase the heat to medium-high. Season generously with seasoning.
4. Stir frequently until the water evaporates (about 5 minutes). Depending on how "crispy" you want your corn, continue to cook, stirring frequently and scraping the "brown bits" off the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes or until brown as desired.
5. Remove from heat and top with cheese.
6. Serve and enjoy!