Guys, I have been working SO hard creating a new FREE webinar for my fellow runners ... but as a result I've sort of abandoned my duty to my blog.
The masterclass is GONA BE AWESOME. What's it about? Oh, why don't I just tell ya! Its For the Always Hungry Runner: How to Stay Fuller Longer During Training (without eating all day!). And its going to be AN HOUR LONG FREE lesson in running nutrition. EEKKK I AM SO EXCITED.
But I'm also super sorry I've been neglectin' you guys on the blog!!
And I know the best way to win you back is with a really delicious, healthy recipe.
These baked apples have been MY FAVE lately. I think they are the most DECADENT dessert ever...and they're SO healthy! Loaded with fiber to keep belly fat away but so sweet they legit taste like dessert.
Yum, yum, yum. I've eaten them plain, chopped up in oatmeal or with a side of plain Greek yogurt or ricotta for protein. No matter what ya do. These are SO good!
And runners gotta register for my webinar. Not to be bossy, but this is like the nicest thing I've ever done (lol) - its sooo chock full of amazing info!!!!
9 small apples or 4-6 medium apples
1/4 cup crushed pecans
1/2 cup applesauce
2 tablespoons coconut oil
Pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Coconut oil spray
Greek yogurt, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 425*F
2. Core apples (leave base intact so you can stuff the apple) and spray with coconut oil.
3. In a small bowl combine applesauce, coconut oil, spices, salt.
4. Place each cored apple in a baking pan filled with just enough water to cover the bottom of the tray. *
5. Divide filling evenly and stuff each apple.
6. Bake for 60 minutes or until apples are soft to touch.
7. Serve with a scoop of plain Greek yogurt for a hit of protein. If you're looking for a more decadent treat, serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
* Honestly, I've baked apples without stuffing them and still think they are SO delicious. Feel free to bake them without stuffing them with sugar!