Er mer gerd. There's something about lentils that just ALWAYS HITS THE SPOT. They're savory and delicious. They are an amazing substitution for meatloaf, burgers, soup, tacos... they just rock my world.
This recipe is especially my favorite because it is so filling and so simple to make.
Zesty Lentils & Yogurt
per serving: 385 calories, 14 grams fat, 35 grams carb (16 grams fiber), 24 grams protein
1 cup lentils, dry
1/2 cup white whine
2 cups broth or water with salt
1 carrot chopped
1 large tomato, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
2 Tablespoons olive oil *
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt & pepper
2 cups whole fat organic Greek yogurt *
1. Rinse lentils. On stovetop in a small pot, combine lentils, wine and broth. Bring to a boil and let simmer for ~30 minutes.
2. When soft and cooked, run lentils through colander to remove excess liquid.
3. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic.
4. Add carrots, onions, parsley, tomato to lentils. Mix well.
5. Pour olive oil mixture on top and mix.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve cold topped with 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt.
* You can play with the fat here by using non-fat Greek yogurt instead of whole milk. If whole milk Greek yogurt is too pricey for you to swing, try using non-fat and adding an extra 1-2 tablespoons olive oil per serving to boost the healthy fat content.