You guys have an awesome client of mine to thank for this list. She asked for it, she got it, and I figured she's prob not the only person in the world trying to find healthy choices at Starbucks, huh?
By the way, if you want personalized nutrition coaching, you can totally apply here. I have a few slots opening up in March.
Drinking calories is not usually the best strategy for managing body weight. Its just the way digestion works - calories in liquid form move faster through the digestive tract, meaning they don't keep you full for very long. Actually, soda is one of the only foods with STRONG science to show it contributes to weight gain and diabetes.
So while I prob won't be recommending soda anytime soon, girlfrand KNOWS ya gotta have your Starbucks... so let's talk about the lowest calorie drinks to get ya caffeine while keepin' you lean.
1. Coffee/ Americano - Okay, you prob didn't need me to tell you that coffee without any milk/sugar added is super low calorie.
2. Tall Nonfat cappucino- Ask for a pump or two of sugar-free syrup if ya want :)
3. Tall Skinny Vanilla Latte- Yumm... this is so good and only 100 calories :)
4. Tall Nonfat Cafe Mocha- Here's the trick. Hold the whipped cream and ask for nonfat milk instead of low fat to keep this at around 200 calories.
5. Chai Tea Latte- Ask for nonfat milk to enjoy a tall drink for around 200 calories.
Okay. And sometimes when our caffeine craving strikes, we are also in the lurch for a snack! Luckily, Starbucks offers some high fiber, high protein snack options to tie ya over til your next meal.
Country Archer – Hickory Smoked Turkey jerky + banana
Moon cheese + banana
Reduced-Fat Turkey Bacon & Cage-Free Egg White Sandwich
Egg White & Roasted Red Pepper Sous Vide Egg Bites + banana
Spinach, Feta & Cage-Free Egg White Wrap
Fresh Blueberries and Honey Greek Yogurt Parfait
Siggi's® Yogurt Cup 0% Vanilla + Banana